Born in 1948 in Lendava. He graduated from the Gymnasium in Murska Sobota, in 1972 he completed his studies in painting at the Academy of Fine Arts in Ljubljana with prof. G. Stupica and then another two-year study at the postgraduate program with prof. Janez Bernik. In 1988, the University of Ljubljana awarded him the title of Recognition of Works of Art and in the same year elected him assistant professor, and in 1997 the title of full professor of drawing and painting at the Department of Art Pedagogy at the Faculty of Education, University of Ljubljana. He is recognizable as a painter, graphic artist and partly as a sculptor. His drawing, graphic, painting and sculptural works are in important collections of contemporary art in Slovenia as well as abroad. He has received numerous awards and recognitions for his work, including the Prešeren Fund Award in 1988, the Jakopič Award in 2002 and in 2005 the Župančič Award for Outstanding Cultural Achievements of the City of Ljubljana. He is also active as a writer – poet and essayist. He has presented his works in more than 110 solo presentations, of which in seven retrospective exhibitions and over 300 group presentations at home and abroad. He lives and works in Ljubljana.