The Association of Museums of Slovenia, in cooperation with the Cinological Association of Slovenia, has introduced new symbols, Dog-Friendly Museum and Dog-Accessible Museum, which inform visitors of the option of visiting museums with their canine friends.
The Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art Koroška joined the project and obtained the Dog-Friendly Museum designation, which means that our visitors’ four-legged friends may enter certain museum spaces. We have prepared a very special place for them, where they can safely wait for their owners. Their leash can be tied, and food and water bowls are also available.
The signs Dog-Friendly Museum and Dog-Accessible Museum, with which Slovenian museums inform visitors of the option of visiting museums with their canine friends, were prepared by the Association of Museums of Slovenia and come into effect on International Museum Day, 18 May 2022 .
MUSEUM CODE FOR DOG OWNERS:
- Only dogs accompanied by an adult may enter.
- Only well-behaved, docile and obedient dogs are welcome.
- The owner assumes all responsibility. Including for possible damage.
- The dog must be on a leash.
BEFORE VISITING THE MUSEUM, WE RECOMMEND:
- That the dog is fed.
- That the dog has a good walk.
- That the dog’s needs are fulfilled (peeing, pooping).
- In the event that the dog accidentally defecates in the museum, the owner must take care of the cleaning and inform the museum staff about the incident.