Drago TRŠAR (Planina near Rakek, 1927) graduated from the Academy of Arts in Ljubljana in 1951. He was a member of the Group 53 and Group 69. From 1967, he taught sculpture at the Academy of Fine Arts in Ljubljana. He received numerous international awards, including the grand prix at the Mediterranean Biennial in Alexandria (1955) and the Prešeren Fund Award (1990). In 1956, he participated at the world exhibition of sculpture in the Rodin Museum Sculpture Garden in Paris. He has exhibited at the most significant international events: The Venice Biennial, Documenta in Kassel, the Guggenheim Museum in New York. In 1991, he became a member of the Slovenian Academy of Sciences and Arts, and an academician in 1995. Besides sculpture, he also engages in drawing, printing, ceramics and painting. He reached an important turn in his sculpting in 1957 with his invention of mass sculpture. By engaging with the questions of the sculpture of masses, he entered the global scene of contemporary sculpture in an original manner, thus achieving the pinnacle of his visual expression.
End of content
Older posts can be found in archive >